Eastbourne Area Parents Action Group
Our aim is to give adults with learning disabilities the opportunity to receive training and employment within a realistic working hotel setting. We pride ourselves with providing a high quality and supportive learning environment.
Chalk Farm LDC (Learning Disabilities Centre) is run by the local charity E.A.P.A.G. (Eastbourne Area Parents Action Group) and is a registered charity and an accredited training centre, based at a fully functional hotel and plant centre.
Chalk Farm LDC – What We Do For Our Students
• A key worker is responsible for the day-to-day welfare and development of each student.
• Structured training programme providing a pathway through individually tailored programmes.
• All students are involved in a variety of activities during the day.
• Students gain experience in all aspects of hospitality and/or horticulture
• In order to improve students’ prospects in the job market, a range of skills are taught, including health and safety at work,
personal hygiene and customer care.
• Students are taught in a friendly and enjoyable setting and are well supervised and instructed. Team work is important and is a fun way to develop and maintain social skills.
Why choose Chalk Farm LDC
• Safe and supportive environment
• Key worker scheme
• Realistic work experience
• Classroom based training tailored towards specific work related subjects, such as customer care, health and safety, food hygiene and lifting and handling
• Individual goal planning
• Student mentoring
• Twice yearly reviews
• Measured progression
• Outcome assessment
• Development of communication skills
• Encouragement and improvement of life skills
Call us on 01323 503 800 to support a charity working to
help adults with learning disabilities achieve their full
Registered Charity Number: Eastbourne Area Parents Action Group 1048192
Registered as a limited company in England and Wales under
company number: 7935627
Thanks to everyone who came to our coffee morning yesterday and special thanks to Jean Bradford, Peggy Lawrence and Linda Boys for donating £1000!!! We are so grateful!!!
We had a busy festive period, raising an amazing £575 at our Sainsbury's fundraiser. Thanks to our lovely students and all the donators!
Fantastic news, we raised an impressive £1524.23 at our Christmas Fayre this year.
We need to say a massive Thank you to all that came and supported us and to everyone that helped and gave up their time to put together this great event, including the staff at Sainsburys of Eastbourne arndale Centre, our lovely ladies from The Friends of Chalk Farm LDC, family members, friends, staff and students
A special thanks to the following who donated the lovely prizes for our raffle t...his year.
Eastbourne Miniature Steam Railway Park
Lottbridge Golf Club
Lauren at Clinique
Chalk Farm Plant Centre
Racheal's Beauty Box
Devonshire Park Theatre
We had a great time sponsoring the Sovereign FM awards. Fingers crossed for a nomination this year.... Watch this space!
David Price raised a massive £1099.31 by doing the Eastbourne marathon Thank you!!!!
The Eastbourne branch of Marks and Spencer has helped to raise more than £2000 for us, Yana Askaroff visited The Chalk Farm Hotel this week, to present the latest cheque for £1300 to Student Lesley Coombe. Marks and Spencer raised the money by holding a raffle in their Eastbourne store and Yana holds regular coffee mornings and cake sales.
Want to say a massive Thank you to all those who helped and attended our Christmas fayre, we managed to raise an amazing £1358.31